Our latest trick for calming Elsa: Have her look at the fireplace. That's right—she LOVES to stare at the fireplace. We have no idea why she's so fascinated with it, but one little glance in that direction and she often quits crying. In fact, she seems to love it so much, it's currently our most reliable way of making her smile! I think she may be looking at the black-and-white photos we have framed on the mantle, but Bob disagrees. He thinks they're too small and she wouldn't be able to see that much detail. Since they're all photos from our travels, I like to think she's already got the travel bug. I've given her detailed descriptions of where each one was taken and promised we'll take her there when she gets old enough. : )
She also really likes to look at the mural I painted above her changing table, though that makes a little more sense, since there's stronger color contrast there. And since I probably spent way too many hours working on that thing, I'm very glad she's getting some enjoyment from it!
1 comment:
Loved the update, Lee. Elsa's schedule sounds like it's getting better and better. That picture in the special seat is cool. Now she can play.
Love, Mom (Grandma B.)
Post a Comment