My baby-weight loss seems to be stuck with about 10-15 pounds to go, so yesterday I decided it was time for Elsa to try out the free child care at our gym/tennis club. They have a separate room just for babies 18 months and under, so I felt pretty comfortable leaving her in their care. The only issue is that I have to make an appointment in advance for baby care—I can't just show up whenever. I'm still not really able to predict when Elsa might be in a good enough mood to pawn her off on somebody else, so that part could be tough. But I made an appointment for yesterday at 11 a.m. and hoped for the best.
Turns out, everything went great. As I walked down the stairs to the child-care area after my one-hour workout, I braced myself to hear some screaming, but fortunately all was quiet. Elsa was sleeping when I dropped her off, and she was still sleeping when I picked her up. There were NO other babies in the baby room, so tiny little Elsa just slept in her car seat in the middle of the big empty room, with the baby-care lady sitting in a chair next to her, reading her book. The lady said she smiled a few times in her sleep, so I guess she liked it there. And Mommy finally got to burn some calories, so hopefully I won't have to wear the same two pairs of pants for the rest of my life.
1 comment:
Sounds like a good trip to the gym! I'm stuck weight wise too so you're not alone. We go through all that work of labor so the least that extra weight could do is fall off without being so stubborn! Everyone together now - "life isn't fair."
At least we got the cutest babies out of it!
Ellen
Post a Comment