Wow, what a difference a week makes in the life of an 8-week-old! Since last week at this time, Elsa has been smiling much more frequently, has started going to bed at around 11 p.m. or midnight instead of 3 in the morning, and (drumroll please) last night she officially slept through the night!!
I fed her at about 10:30, put her in the crib at 11:15, and she woke up at 6:45 a.m. How perfect is that??? I'm so proud of her for being such a good little sleeper. And that's not all: She also fell asleep in the crib by herself. Up until now, she's basically been willing to fall asleep anyplace but her crib—when we actually want to wake her up, putting her in the crib has been the one sure-fire way to do it. So we usually have to put her to sleep by holding her, rocking her, or putting her in her swing. Once we think she's pretty much out, we have to very carefully transfer her to the crib without waking her up, a process that is often unsuccessful and is repeated many times per night. Last night, after I put her in the crib, she started fussing and crying and waving her little arms frantically, so I rocked her until she was calm but still awake, then put her back in the crib. She fussed a little about five minutes more, and then ... silence.
It was a beautiful thing. : )
1 comment:
Jealous!! That is awesome that Elsa slept through the night! What a good sleeper. She must take after her Aunt Ellen. Carter did 6.5 hours last night so I'm happy with that...but that might have been a fluke. We're trying different methods to see if any get him sleeping longer. We're shooting for totally sleeping through the night by Thanksgiving time. Fingers crossed! Enjoy your sleep!
Love, Aunt Ellen
Post a Comment