First of all, this was the best shot I could find of myself as an infant. If you can stop staring at Dad's unbelievably horrendous glasses long enough to look at me for a few seconds, you'll see that Elsa really doesn't bear any resemblance to me at all. She must get that adorably round head of hers from Bob's side of the family, because I clearly didn't have it as a baby.

And here are the other photos that were begging to be posted online for all the world to see:

Here's the lederhosen Elsa will be wearing to next year's Oktoberfest. I think it's a travesty that we no longer have the hat and Packers-colored striped socks.

And this would be Ellen displaying her innate fashion sense at an early age. But, I mean, those shoes with that purse? Come on! : )
8 comments:
Cute "Flashback" pictures of you Lee! I love your smile and the leiderhosen outfit, Elsa will be a hit at next Oktoberfest. Don't think Carter will want to wear Ellen's "Tony the Tiger in drag" outfit..... and yea, the glasses do help date the photo.
Love, Dad
Lee---
Darling picture of you in the liederhosen!! are those leiderhosen we brought you from Germany/Austria in 1975 still around for Elsa??? -- If so, she is sure to be the "belle of the ball" at next years Oktoberfest in her vintage outfit.!!
Give her a BIG kiss from me.
Grandma
Me again -- I checked the picture of you in the leiderhosen one more time. I think the hat you are wearing was one of the hats we brought the twins in l975 - so, of course, your Mom didn't have a chance to save that for you -- thru' ALL these years.!! (just call me your walking history channel, as nothing beats recalling 30-40 or even 75 years ago - to we OLDIES):):)
Lee,
Those glasses your dad's wearing prompted me to break into hysterics!! Of course, you know that my dad had glasses just like them (...and the same long shaggy hair, too, but throw in a full shaggy beard!) Can you visualize it! Yeah, I can hear you laughing now, too!
Love Aunt Tanya
I can hardly stop laughing long enough to write something. Why is it that every time I "dressed up" I had to incorporate some type of dance outfit or leotard? In that shot I preferred the sparkly pink number. Also, I can't wait to see Elsa in the leiderhosen outfit next year! Adorable. I think Bob and Elsa should pose just like you and Dad did and you can frame both together. Make it a tradition. Love it, thanks for the laughs.
Aunt Ellen
Wait...one more comment about that last picture. Does anyone see that couch in the background? I hope someday Carter looks through our old pictures and finds hideous furniture and hair etc. to laugh at. This is way too fun.
Ellen
Grandma: Yes, those ARE the lederhosen you brought back from Austria and Germany! So they sure are vintage/retro. : ) Ellen's idea about taking a similar picture of Bob and Elsa is perfect! We're totally going to do that.
Ellen: I particularly like that you put the dance costume OVER your jeans. Excellent choice. : )
I loved all the old pictures. I will look for the hat with the braids in our "old costumes" box. I think Ellen's fashion sense must have come from me since I'm sure I was the one who picked out that horrible couch. Good thing I used a decorator for our present home.
Love, Grandma Baldwin
Post a Comment