The good news is: Elsa's been reliably sleeping 5-6 hours at a time,
in her crib. The bad news is: She's still not doing it
at the time of day we would like. She usually doesn't really go down for the "night" until between 1 and 3 a.m., then generally sleeps (with one wake-up to eat) until about noon. Which means, at age seven weeks, she's following roughly the same schedule as, say, Paris Hilton (except that Paris probably doesn't eat in the middle of the night ... or possibly ever). The funny thing is, since I'm more of a night person myself, that's probably the schedule I would choose if I didn't occasionally have things to do during daylight hours. But as it is, I would much prefer she went to bed at a more normal time. We're working on getting her there.

She's also recently discovered that she can move her fingers individually, which means she's been doing a lot of aimless pointing (see photo above). It's cute! She also generally seems more aware of and interested in her hands. Bob's hoping this early display of hand-eye coordination will lead to a fabulous tennis career later on.
1 comment:
I love the pointing! How cute! I can't wait to see you guys at Thanksgiving and see all Elsa's new tricks!
Aunt Ellen
Post a Comment