Thursday, March 11, 2010

Let's Eat



Claire is finally starting to feed herself and drink from the sippy cup, as evidenced by the video above.

Just like Elsa when she was little, it took Claire a while to figure out the point of the whole thing is to put the food in your mouth. Unlike 99.99% of the other babies on the planet, neither of these girls were big on putting things in their mouths. So I'm wondering if that could be why they both took so long to start feeding themselves. Perhaps that's the evolutionary purpose behind (most) babies being so mouthy?

At any rate, that's where the similarities end. Once Elsa figured out how to feed herself, she ate anything and everything. With Claire, I still can't get her to feed herself anything other than puffs and sometimes yogurt melts. When I give her pieces of bread, goldfish, even little bits of french fries, she just makes a horrible face and spits it back out. So puffs are getting to be a main staple.

In other news, Claire is getting very screechy. Her screeching is ear-piercing, skull-splitting, super high-pitched, and extremely loud. It doesn't matter if she's happy or mad—she screeches either way. Again, this is something we went through with Elsa. It started around the time she was Claire's age and lasted until she was about 15 months old and started saying real words. So, I have a feeling we'll be listening to this from Claire for a while. But this time around, we have an added delight: Sometimes Elsa purposely screeches at Claire to egg her on. It's delightful!

P.S. If you noticed a change in the video player I'm using, that's because I've been having problems posting video through Blogger. So from now on I'm using YouTube instead. It takes a few more steps to post a video, but I think this will probably work better than Blogger's crummy video player anyway.

No comments: