Elsa is an official member of Bob's NCAA Tournament office pool this year. I mean, what better time is there to introduce our 3-year-old to work-sanctioned gambling? She filled out her brackets with only a tiny bit of help from me. I "guided" her choices for certain obvious match-ups (i.e., I didn't allow her to pick Lehigh over Kansas), but for the most part, she made her own picks.
Whenever there was a familiar team or state involved, Elsa went with the known quantity. In match-ups that had no familiar team, we Googled images of the teams' mascots, and Elsa chose the smiliest, friendliest mascot. In the final rounds, I gave her free reign to pick whoever she wanted, regardless of seeding.
The result of this complex, highly-scientific method yielded the following as Elsa's predicted Final Four: Michigan State, Syracuse (she loves that smiley, happy orange guy), Marquette, and Villanova. She predicts that the final match-up will be (you guessed it) Michigan State versus Marquette. And her 2010 Men's Basketball NCAA champion is (drumroll please) ... Marquette! Yes, she thinks Marquette will beat my Spartans to win it all.
Well, stranger things have happened. For what it's worth, she did correctly predict the tournament's first big upset of Old Dominion over Notre Dame. She didn't like the looks of that mean Fighting Irish dude.
No comments:
Post a Comment