Thursday, October 30, 2008

New Addition

Although pretty much everybody already knows it by now, Elsa is very happy to announce that she is going to be a big sister! My official due date is April 29, but my c-section is already scheduled for a week before that, on April 22. Oddly, Elsa was also due on the 29th of the month, but was born a week early, on the 22nd. Makes it easy to remember!
Anyway, here are our first ultrasound pictures of Baby #2 (taken at 8 weeks, so they're pretty old, but here they are). The top is a traditional ultrasound and the bottom is a 3D ultrasound (which is new to the practice I go to since Elsa was born). You can click on it to get a larger image, including labels I added so you can tell what's what. And at some point soon, I guess "Elsa's Blog" will have to change to "Elsa's and #2's Blog," or something along those lines. I've already explained to Elsa that there are lots of things she will have to share with the new baby—this is just the first of many.

Yes, we will be finding out whether it's a girl or a boy—that should happen at our next ultrasound on Dec. 10. And basically, we have one main goal in the Heinrich household between now and April 22: Get Elsa potty-trained. There will be a concerted effort happening on that very soon!

2 comments:

Reagan said...

Congratulations! I hope Elsa is as excited about her new baby as Ava Grace is about hers! Kind os ironic we are all pregnant again...
Reagan

Anonymous said...

Loved seeing the ultrasound pictures but can't really make out whatever it is the professionals can see. We will be anxious to hear if Elsa is having a baby sister or a baby brother after your Dec. 10 appointment.

Love, Grandma B.