Elsa's four-month check-up was yesterday (a little late because of the holidays). She tipped the scales at 17 pounds, 15 ounces, and was 25.25 inches long. I was worried about her weight, which is literally off the charts—18 pounds is over the 100th percentile. But amazingly enough, her length is actually in the 92nd percentile, so she's not terribly out of proportion. (And that's a big increase from her 2-month appointment, when she was only in the 75th percentile for length—no wonder this kid eats non-stop.) So, it turns out that Elsa is just all-around huge. I have no idea how 5-foot-3 me and 5-foot-10 Bob ended up with such a gigantic baby, but there you have it. She's a bruiser!
Other than a little eczema on her temples and behind her knees, Elsa got a clean bill of health. She now seems to be over the diarrhea that was dogging her for the past week or so, and the doctor said her head shape is looking much better than at her 2-month appointment. She was also extremely impressed with Elsa's sitting ability—she said it's very unusual for a 4-month-old to be sitting the way Elsa is. In the areas of motor skills and "pre-talking vocalizations," the doctor said Elsa is actually closer to a 6-month-old than a 4-month-old. In fact, she proclaimed that Elsa will be an early walker, and told me to start thinking about childproofing. I said, "That's strange, because I was an extremely late walker myself." The doctor just laughed. "That won't be the case here—she's got places to go!" she said. Fabulous. I think I like her being immobile!
1 comment:
From Grandma B. and Grandpa P. in Florida
So glad to hear that Elsa has kicked her little virus. I can't believe she is so tall and large. She comes from two rather normal size parents. Maybe she is just advanced in growing--as well as her sitting ability and vocalizations. We love looking at the blog since we're so far away. Love to Elsa and both her parents.
Post a Comment