Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Vegging Out


Elsa continues to grow at a truly astonishing speed: Last week I discovered that she now weighs 20 POUNDS on our scale! Our pediatrician asked us to "hold off on solids until as close to six months as possible," but after that weigh-in, I decided enough was enough. It was time for this kid to eat some vegetables. : )


So, Elsa has now tried sweet potatoes, squash, and peas, and happily scarfs down all three. Green beans are up next. Since she doesn't seem to much care for rice cereal, we're also going to try some oatmeal.

In addition, this week, I started Elsa on drinking from a cup. She does pretty well with it, although we don't try to do more than a couple of sips per meal. She starts slurping loudly the moment I bring the cup up to her lips, which is pretty amusing.


And yes, Belle has already learned that hanging out under the highchair pays off.

1 comment:

Shaffer said...

She looks like she's having fun with her veggies! It doesn't seem to take dogs long to figure out the high chair is the place to be at dinner time. We have two hawks that hang around Carter as well. Have fun with green beans! Carter loves those...but he pretty much loves everything.

Love, Aunt Ellen