Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Happy Valentine's Day


Elsa wants to wish everybody a happy Valentine's Day. She sends her love to all!


Elsa was lucky enough to get flowers from her Daddy this evening—white roses for Elsa Rose (I have a feeling they were partly for Mommy as well). Bob specifically chose white because it symbolizes innocence and purity. And if any of you are aware of how stingy Bob is about buying flowers, then you know what a special gift this was. Why spend good money on something that just dies a few days later? : ) Elsa immediately grabbed a handful of the leaves (fortunately, she didn't get any thorns), and got very upset when we had to pry them out of her little fist.


Elsa's gift to Daddy was this homemade Valentine, created with just a little help from Mommy. I tried to put her handprint on it, but Elsa REALLY wasn't into that idea, so instead it has a picture of her. Her contribution was picking out the color scheme—I presented her with several options, and she reached for the red, orange, and pink one. It's probably not a coincidence that she liked the somewhat Elmo-ish color combination.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That picture of Elsa in her little heart sweater is adorable! She is such a little doll...I can't get over how sweet and cute she is. Miss you guys,

Ellen