Sunday, February 25, 2007

Six Months


Elsa turned six months old on Thursday! I just can't get over how grown up she's getting, and how much fun she is to be around! Watching her discover new things and learn about the world is such a joy, every single day.


Developmentally, things are still much the same as my last post. She's still putting most of her effort into trying to crawl, so I make sure she spends as much time as possible on her tummy before she gets frustrated by her lack of progress. She now regularly looks up when I say her name, and she seems to recognize a few other names as well, including Belle and, of course, Elmo. As far as eating, Elsa's really enjoying her solid food! She's now on Stage 2 foods, and usually eats an entire Stage 2 container of vegetables at one sitting—she especially enjoys sweet potatoes and peas. Surprisingly, she's not a big fan of fruit. She likes bananas (one of her favorite meals is bananas mixed with oatmeal and formula), but she'll only eat applesauce or pears when they're chilled, and she won't touch peaches, under any circumstances.

Babbling has become a full-time endeavor for her as well—she particularly likes "da," "ba," and "ma," and shrieks them at the top of her lungs often, so that I won't miss anything she's trying to tell me. Here she is, caught in mid-babble/scream:


Next weekend Elsa heads to her last Marquette basketball game of the season, but baseball opening day is just around the corner (although you wouldn't know it from this weather we've been having). Elsa is really looking forward to going to her very first baseball game with her Daddy, sitting in his amazing new seats at Miller Park. And Mommy is already on the lookout for cute baby Brewers gear. : )

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the picture of Elsa scream-babbling! I like to think she's screaming at you for giving her peaches. Carter HATES peaches too. Loves peas, hates peaches...go figure!

Ellen