Thursday, December 14, 2006

Tummy Time


As you can see from the above, Elsa's doing much better on her tummy these days! She used to cry after just a minute or two on her stomach, but now we've worked all the way up to about 5 minutes or more (that's real progress). I think that's due in part to the fact that she's strong enough now to really hold up her head—who could blame her for hating being on her tummy when she couldn't even keep her face off the floor half the time? I also bought her this tummy time gym, which she loves. It has lights and music, and it converts to an upright position for when she's on her back. It really keeps her entertained.

Other than that, we've had some very fussy evenings recently, with an unusual amount of screaming for her. She's fine during the day, but between the hours of about 7 and 10 p.m., look out. I suspect teething, because she does seem truly uncomfortable, and she doesn't act like she's having tummy problems. I hope those little teeth break through soon! But on the positive side, Elsa has now developed a true "ha ha ha" laugh, and it's hilarious. I heard it a number of times last Saturday, and a few isolated times since then (because she's been fussy recently, I don't think she's been in much of a laughing mood).

And a few more firsts: We went to our very first concert yesterday, to hear Tanya's dad's brass quintet. Elsa only lasted a few songs—she got a little startled by a song that started particularly big and loud, and tried to add to the music with a very loud screetch. We left immediately. : ) And today we have Elsa's very first plane ride, a short, easy hop from Milwaukee to Grand Rapids. Please cross your fingers that's there no screaming or pooping while on the plane!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad there wasn't any screaming or pooping on the plane trips! She is a born traveler just like her mom and dad.

Love, Aunt Ellen