Thursday, December 07, 2006

New Toy Box


This is our Christmas present from my Mom and Don—this great toy box for our family room. I had been wanting some additional storage for Elsa's toys, and we also had kind of an awkward space leftover from our remodeling that I wanted to fill. It occurred to me that a nice storage bench would fulfill both needs. I wanted something that fit perfectly in that spot and looked almost built-in, so I asked Don if he would be nice enough to make one for us. Not only was he happy to do it, he also went several steps further than I expected by adding wainscoting that matched our wall, decorative edges, and special hinges that will keep the lid from slamming on little fingers. He also (and this is no exaggeration) had it finished literally two days after I first asked about it!

Thank you, Don! As you can see, it looks perfect—we love it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The toy box is definitely lovely in that niche - every child should have a Grandpa Pries!
Also, loved the picture of Elsa checking out the Christmas tree.
Merry first Christmas, Elsa - from Gigi