Friday, June 22, 2012

Daddy Playing Catch-Up, Part 1: Part 1 of Part 2 of "May" We Have Some Fun?


I recently learned how to move photos from my phone to my computer -- thank you, Android for Dummies -- and so this is the first of several posts of what we've done over the last several months.

The first Saturday in May, Lee was fabric shopping all day with some friends (no joke!) and so I had the girls to myself for the day.  We ran a lot of errands, including a stop at Bay Shore Mall.  They were having an exhibition of outdoor-related activities and I thought the girls might like it.

Elsa worked up the courage to do some rock climbing:



I was pleased that once she decided she wanted to do it, she walked straight up to the worker and asked to do it.

Claire was not allowed to do rock climbing.  Instead, she got to run around in, and jump on, the inflatable boat:

She was scolded by a worker for jumping on one of the ends of the boat.  We wouldn't want her to fall off and break a collarbone or anything.

Then we went into the mall itself to see the other exhibits.  We saw some interesting things (which I have since forgotten).  Then we saw that the Schlitz Audubon Nature Center had a booth.  We walked over and one of the staffers recognized Elsa.  They had a lot of fun things for the girls.  A little turtle (shades of Claire's future friend "Purple"):


And a snake!



I was proud that both of my little girls were enthusiastic about playing with the animals.  They don't get it from me, but I was proud nonetheless.

I was not very busy at work at that time, and so I played a little hooky and took the girls to some baseball games.  More after the jump!  (In other words, click on the "Read more" below.)


First, it was Claire's turn for a ballgame.  This was the first time I had taken only Claire to a game. We lasted a few innings in our seats.  We had fun in the little kids area:


The Brewers website now notes that socks are required for this part of the kids area.  I am responsible for that addition, because one time Elsa was not allowed in because she didn't have socks.  (And she was also not allowed on the bigger-kid slide, either -- so it was a bad, bad day at the ballpark that day.)

Claire was tired on the way home:


Then it was Elsa's turn, the next week.  Elsa drew a big picture on the Kohl's posterboard that we held up in our seats.


I like how the baseball player is wearing a rain hat.  We had fun in the bigger-kid play area.  Here is a picture where you can pedal to move the racing sausages.  Elsa's legs could not reach the pedals very well, so she used her hands.  This picture was taken second before she pinched a finger while "pedaling."


But pictures with her two favorite sausages cheered her up:



   Elsa was just as tired as Claire:


This picture was taken by me in the same stretch of the freeway as the picture of Claire.  I believe the law is that one cannot text while driving, but that taking pictures is OK.  I am a lawyer, so you can trust that interpretation.

1 comment:

Emalee said...

Love the baseball pictures. I believe you are raising the girls with the right values.

Grandma B.