Thursday, June 07, 2012

Bob's Birthday

We had to go downtown on Bob's birthday for Elsa's First Stage class orientation, so prior to the orientation, we met Bob at work and we all went to the Old German Beer Hall for dinner—curry wurst, giant pretzels, and beer (well, beer for two of us, anyway).

Claire: Possibly the only three-year-old outside of Germany to enjoy currywurst?

The girls love the Old German Beer Hall so much! Believe it or not, they both especially love the curry wurst (it's not at all spicy, it's more sweet). Not long ago, we were trying as a family to pick a restaurant, and when Bob suggested someplace closer to home, Elsa said (without any of us even mentioning the Old German Beer Hall), "But I wanted curry wurst!" Bob just laughed and said, "I love you so much!"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great Birthday for Bob, fun little celebration for everyone!

Grandpa and Grandma J

Emalee said...

I looked up what currywurst is and even checked out a recipe. I'm sure I'll wait and just have the authentic stuff sometime when I'm in Milwaukee. Cute pictures. Bob doesn't look a day over 39.