Sunday, September 18, 2011

Elsa at Five

Elsa had her 5-year check-up last week. She was 43.5 inches tall, which is, yet again, the 75th percentile. I swear that's what her height has been at every check-up in her entire life. She is so consistent in her height.

Her weight was 45.5 pounds, which is a gain of 4.5 pounds in the last year. That sounded like a lot to me, but apparently it wasn't, because her weight percentile actually dropped to the 85th, making her pretty close to being even in height/weight. I still worry about her being the giant girl in her kindergarden class next year, but nothing I can do about that now, that ship has sailed.

Even better, Elsa's BMI is in the normal range for the first time ever! The doctor had warned me last year that her BMI "had to come down eventually," so I guess we complied. The doctor asked me if we had changed Elsa's eating habits, but we haven't at all—I think maybe her age has just caught up to her eating. After all, she's been eating like a 5-year-old ever since she was 10 months old. : )

That's about it for the yearly check-up. Other than getting an accurate weight and height on her, I have to admit the annual well-child check-up is starting to feel a little pointless. She didn't even get any shots, just the flu mist.

No comments: