Two (minor) milestones for Claire from last week:
1. She counted to ten for the first time. And it happened while we were giving kisses! (Backstory: Sometimes Elsa and I give kisses up to a certain number, and Elsa always demands that we count our kisses as we do them. And when I am not home from work by the time Elsa goes to bed, she always calls me to say how many kisses I am supposed to give her. Sometimes she gives me a choice of two numbers. Of course, I always choose the higher number -- and she never fails to say that that is what she expected me to choose.) OK, back to Claire. One time after I read her a book, I asked her to give me five kisses and to count them. We made it to five! When I told Lee, she said that Claire was always tripped up by the number four. So then I asked Claire to give me ten kisses. We made it to ten! She was so happy -- as a result, I got some more kisses. Just what every daddy wants from his little girls.
2. I took Claire for ice cream -- just me and Claire -- for the first time. She was excellent eating her own cone. No drips at all. Sometimes she asked for my cone, so we switched a couple of times. If I owned a real smartphone, I would have taken pictures. So you'll have to trust me that she looked really cute gripping her cone with both hands. She was very excited about the ice cream (it was a surprise trip) and told Lee about it later that night.
2 comments:
Bob - I love your entries about your time with the girls. I can just see Claire counting kisses--since we have witnessed it many times with you and Elsa.
Grandma B.
Great update Bob. Fun to read, brings a smile with a visual of Claire and her daddy . . . . and it also brings back wonderful memories.
Grandpa J.
Post a Comment