Saturday, August 01, 2009

Little German Girls

Bob took the girls to Germanfest last weekend while I was in Appleton for Lisa's wedding shower. It looks like they had a good time—Elsa danced and ate a lot, two things that always make her happy. There was also an airshow going on (Germanfest and an airshow—not sure how those two things go together, but apparently they do). Here's Elsa enjoying both at the same time. (She has recently decided that she must dance "ballet" to all slow, classical-sounding songs, so that's what she's doing here.)



There was also a fountain to play in.



Claire was just happy to be along for the ride, as usual. Here she is eyeballing some cake ...

... and checking out Daddy's Sprecher beer mug (it's shaped like a boot).

Elsa chows down on a giant chicken schnitzel sandwich (yep, she ate the whole thing—after all, you need your strength to dance ballet):

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Claire is looking so much older in these pictures! She is so adorable. I love the part in the dancing video where Elsa stops to squeal at the plane going over.

Miss you guys,
Ellen

Anonymous said...

I love the part where Elsa Squeals too, so adorable! I can't wait for my mom to meet her this weekend, she has heard SO much about her (and Claire too, of course :-)

Lisa