Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Elsa's Artistry

As recently as just a month or two ago, Elsa had never drawn anything other than people (her preferred subjects were of course herself, Daddy, me, and Claire). But since then, we've had an explosion of creativity, and Elsa now draws anything and everything. And wow, I know I'm biased, but I think she's fantastic! I wonder if she might have some real talent in this area. Here are some of her recent works.

A spider in his web:

A ladybug:

A spotted iguana (looks more like a snail to me, but still very nice):

Claire's caterpillar rattle (the antenna are dead-on):

And I wish I would have taken a picture of her peacock, it was amazing! She had all of these individual tail feathers with a spot on the end of each one. She clearly has an eye for detail.

Her preferred medium, as you can probably tell, is "magnadoodle." I've repeatedly encouraged her to draw on paper with crayons, but she doesn't seem able to create quite the same masterpieces and clearly doesn't enjoy it as much. I'm thinking of biting the bullet and giving her some markers, in an attempt to recreate the feel of the magnadoodle, but on paper. I want to save a few of these!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those drawings are awesome! I definitely think she has talent Lee. She gets that from you!

Ellen