Claire had her two-week checkup last Friday, and she weighed in at 9 pounds, 5.5 ounces. According to our pediatrician, that weight gain was "okay but not great." Since Claire has been sleeping so well at night (at least four to five hours between feedings), I was worried our doctor might tell me we had to wake her up and feed her more often at night. Fortunately, the doctor said we could leave her alone at night, as long as I make sure she eats every two to three hours during the day. So I've been doing that, and we also have introduced one bottle of formula per day, which I think will help as well. (And this has the added benefit of giving me the freedom to go places, etc.) We have a weight check this Friday, and hopefully her weight gain will be in a more acceptable range at that time.
At any rate, at the checkup, Claire was in the 75th-90th percentile for weight, the 95th-97th percentile for height (21.75 inches), and the 50th-75th percentile for head circumference (37 cm).
No comments:
Post a Comment