One of Mom and Elsa's favorite activities this week was putting together Elsa's United States puzzle. Elsa has been obsessed with this puzzle for at least a month or so, and she's gotten really good at putting in all the pieces—she can whip through that thing in no time. And now, thanks to Grandma, she can name almost all fifty states on sight! Every time they put that puzzle together (which was many, many times over the course of the week), Grandma quizzed Elsa on the names of the states. And any time Elsa forgot one of the names, Mom taught her to look at the first letter of that state's name, and she can usually guess based on that. It's very impressive.
And of course, let's not forget the main reason Grandma was here: To see Claire. Once again, it was great having another pair of arms to hold this little monkey, since she still pretty much likes to be held/carried practically every waking minute! (I've got the Baby Bjorn standing by for this week—I think we'll definitely get our money's worth out of it this time around.)
So Elsa and I got pretty spoiled this past week, having Mom around—I have a feeling it's going to be a rude awakening once we're on our own starting tomorrow. : ) We are so lucky to have such a willing-and-able helper. It was the best new-baby gift I could have asked for. Thanks again, Mom—Elsa sure does miss you, and so do the rest of us!
No comments:
Post a Comment