Sunday, December 14, 2008

This Doesn't Bode Well

Here's an exchange I had with Elsa yesterday, when she got a little too rough with the Christmas tree ornaments:

Me: Elsa, be careful, please. Those are breakable. You have to be gentle.

Elsa: Calm down, Mommy. Just calm down.

I just about died laughing when she said it, especially since I hadn't raised my voice and wasn't acting in any way panicked—in fact, I was barely even concerned (I almost wish she would break some of those ornaments, it'd be an excuse to get rid of them and buy new ones). But I'm sure there may come a time when that type of response is not quite so funny ...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my! I love that conversation, it sounds like something we'd have in our home! Just picturing that exhcange makes me laugh out loud.

Give Elsa a big kiss for me, we'll see you guys soon!

Love,
Ellen