
First it was her big girl bed, and now we've had another major equipment upgrade around here: Elsa traded in her high chair for a booster seat, and is now sitting at the table for meals. For some reason I was more excited to put that stupid high chair in the basement than I have been about the retirement of any other piece of baby gear. It was just bulky and annoying, and I'm currently enjoying the floor space we've gained in our breakfast area. Of course, it took me about 45 minutes to thoroughly clean that thing before putting it away, but I took comfort in the fact that we won't have to worry about getting it dirty again for about a full year. : ) And when I sat at the table to eat lunch with Elsa for the first time the other day, I couldn't believe how different it seemed. We had a nice chat over our PB&Js. She really is getting so grown up.

I've also noticed some definite changes when it comes to eating. Elsa is not the little piglet that she once was—there's been a marked decrease in her appetite in the past few months. She'll reliably eat fruit, bread, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, lasagna, and almost any dessert. Everything else has been hit-or-miss lately. Needless to say, I'm not terribly concerned about it—she's got a few calories stored away, after all. : ) And we know from experience that if this girl wants to eat, she will.
And last but not least, she continues to do an excellent job when it comes to the potty. We've had no daytime accidents in weeks, and she's been dry overnight 5 nights out of the last 6. She can last for much longer stretches without going, which is great when it comes to errands and other activities outside of the house. Good job, little girl! We're so proud of you, but that's nothing new, is it?
No comments:
Post a Comment