Wednesday, December 10, 2008
New Digs
Elsa officially moved into her new bedroom last weekend. The former guest room is now my office (sorry, guests, but we'll find you a nice air mattress), and my former office is now Elsa's room. She seems to like the decor I chose for her. The night of the big switch, we gave her old room a fond farewell. Then, as she got into bed in the new room, she told me matter-of-factly, "Now the new baby can have Elsa's old room."
I painted the tree, but the design is a straight-up rip-off from the pattern on her bedding. Elsa loves the birdies hiding in the leaves. (I'd still like to add a few more pieces of art above the bed.)
I'm inordinately proud of my window treatments, which were the most insane bargain ever: $60 for FOUR Pottery Barn Kids window panels. I think that's got to be the best price in the history of PB Kids. I had to do a little creative cutting and sewing, but it took me less than an hour, and I think the end result looks great.
Her shelves still look a little empty, but I'm sure she'll collect plenty of tchotchkes over time. (Yes, she's already got all the Harry Potter books. And yes, I had to look up the spelling of "tchotchkes".)
Finally, Mommy and Daddy are in the process of getting our own new digs! Well, it's a long way from being livable, but here's what our master bath currently looks like. Carpentry and rough plumbing start tomorrow.
And here's the other side of our bedroom, encased in plastic to keep the dust to a bare minimum. I thought it felt like we were in quarantine or something, but Bob upped the creep-out factor by likening it to a crime scene from Dexter (a pleasant thought as we're falling asleep at night, especially when the plastic occasionally rustles of its own accord).
3 comments:
Elsa's room looks adorable! I love the painting, that is amazing Lee. Your kids are going to be spoiled with beautiful murals their whole life!
Good luck with your bathroom stuff, hopefully you won't be quarantined for too long!
Ellen
You did a great job with Elsa's new room Lee! I wish I was artistic like you!!
Lisa
I love Elsa's room. You did a fantastic job on the tree. It's beautiful.
Renovations? I sympathize. I hope it's over soon.
Post a Comment