Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Easter Fun

Happy Easter! Enjoy the beautiful spring-like weather!

Okay, so our Easter activities were confined to the indoors this year, since we got a foot of snow on Good Friday. But Elsa seemed to enjoy the holiday nonetheless.

We colored eggs on Saturday. This particular activity was not all that fun for Elsa, since she was convinced she should be able to drink the colored dyes. I really hope this doesn't mean she'll be asking for Kool Aid in a year or two.




Sunday morning was Elsa's first Easter egg hunt. She was really into that—more so than I expected, actually.


Of course, the eggs were all pretty much in plain sight, and she still had to be pointed in the right direction, but each time she found one, she was positively delighted with herself. I think she thought it was funny that the eggs we colored the day before would suddenly turn up in random spots around her playroom.

In her Easter basket, she had two outfits picked out by her daddy at Macy's the day before (a cute polka-dotted summer dress and a t-shirt and pants with monkeys), "egg bouncers" (basically egg-shaped superballs that bounce in crazy directions because of the shape), a bunny hat (because she's obsessed with hats lately), and some carefully-selected varieties of candy (peanut butter eggs, caramel kisses, and of course, a chocolate Easter bunny).

This is the first time she's really ever had candy of any sort, but she definitely took to it right away (I'm sure everybody reading this is just shocked by that). Now, whenever I'm eating candy, she comes up to me and says "Bite! Bite!" until I give her some. Elsa also had a package of Easter goodies from Grandpa and Grandma Jernstadt, including a bunny bath sponge and a Mrs. Potato Head, which was a huge hit. Interestingly, she now seems to remember where gifts came from, because when she sees one of those items, she often says, "Grandpa!"

Easter dinner was at Opa and Grandma's, and she had additional Easter baskets not only from Opa and Grandma Heinrich, but also from Karina's Grandma Mattern. She got lots of fun balls, some Dora bath toys, M&Ms in spring colors, a wind-up walking chicken, a fuzzy chick "purse," a little watering can, and much more.

Elsa says "thank you" to all of her Easter bunnies!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Elsa always looks so smiley and happy - I love looking at those Easter pictures! We can't wait to see you guys. Carter sends a big hug.

Love,
Ellen