Elsa went all out for my very first Mother's Day - in fact, she was thoughtful enough to book me a spa day (an anti-aging facial, a pomegranate-cranberry body wrap, and more!) and she bought me a card and a cake that said "I love Mom." She also made me this adorable stepping stone with her handprint. (I think she might have had a tiny bit of help with it from Daddy.)
I thought something odd was going on when, the day before, Bob kept periodically taking Elsa down in the basement, and one time she re-emerged with her clothes soaking wet. Turns out, Bob learned the same thing I did when I tried to put Elsa's handprint on his valentine: Getting a baby to cooperate by neatly pressing her hand down isn't easy! Apparently while he was concentrating on getting the handprint, she was grabbing the water with her other hand and spilling it everywhere, which sounds pretty much exactly like my Valentine's Day experience. But I think the stepping stone turned out so cute, especially under the circumstances!
On Sunday morning, Bob and Elsa hung out while I slept in, and then we went to brunch with Tom, Tanya, Karina, Katie, Bob's Aunt Beth, and Opa and Grandma H. Grandma was so happy that she got to be with both her granddaughters on Mother's Day! Here are the girls sitting at the table, ready to hit the all-you-can-eat buffet:
Karina giving Elsa a kiss — are they cute or what?
Oops, they missed:
Elsa and Opa (Elsa's happy about being held by Opa!):
Overall, I felt like the luckiest mommy in the world on my first Mother's Day—I have a fun, beautiful daughter and a wonderful husband who appreciates what I do for both of them. It doesn't get much better than that. : )
No comments:
Post a Comment