Tuesday, May 29, 2007

First Word!

This morning as Bob was getting ready to leave for work, Elsa was pointing at him and smiling at him, as she often does lately. So, as usual, I kept repeating to her, "Daddy, Daddy." And suddenly she looked right at him and said it, as clear as a bell: "Daddy." Not even "Da Da"—she actually said "Daddy."

Bob and I both said "WOW!" and just stared at her, shocked. Efforts to get her to repeat it were unsuccessful, but still, she said it VERY clearly, and definitely appeared to be referring to Bob when she said it. So, I think it's official: Elsa has said her first word, and it's "Daddy."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Elsa's GiGi says "WOW" also - one week past nine months and she is beginning to master English! Wonderful!!!! I truly picture her as one of those children who can master a couple different languages before kindergarten.
Hugs and love to little Elsa.