Saturday, November 18, 2006

(Almost) Three Months


At nearly three months old, Elsa is turning into a very happy little baby! I know all parents seem to say that about their kids, but it's really true in this case. : ) She smiles and laughs all the time now, and it's adorable. She is lovin' life these days, and we're having so much fun with her.

Unfortunately, lately she has not been sleeping as well as she was a few weeks ago. She's usually asleep for the night no later than 9:30 p.m., then wakes up about 3 or 4 a.m. to eat, and then goes back to sleep until 7 or 8 a.m. Overall, it's not a horrible schedule, but after a few weeks of her reliably sleeping from about 11 p.m. until 6 a.m., it's hard to go back to that middle-of-the-night feeding. I've tried to wake her up for a feeding before I go to bed at around 11, but she seems to be totally uninterested in eating at that time of night, try as I might to get her to slurp down a few ounces.

She also REALLY doesn't want to nap lately. Like, at all. The past several days, the only way I've gotten her to fall asleep during the day is to take her out in the stroller or the car. And at almost three months, I had certainly expected her to be on some sort of regular schedule by this point. But that is so not happening either, probably due to her reluctance to nap. I never know what time of day she'll finally give in to sleep ... some days it's at noon, some days not until 3 or 4. And of course, that results in her bedtime varying dramatically as well.

But since she's usually in pretty good spirits anyway, I am definitely not complaining. A schedule would be nice, but if she's not interested, so be it—I guess I'd rather she be a bit of a free spirit than a slave to the clock.

No comments: