Thursday, April 23, 2026

Resurrected from the Records: Claire Turns 6!

 Found in the archives is an interview of Elsa for Claire’s 6th birthday!

 

What is your favorite thing about Claire?

Elsa: That she loves me, and that she's silly.

 

What does she do that is funny?

Elsa: Umm, she…oops, I wasn't supposed to say "Umm."  Well, she just says funny things and does funny things.

Daddy: Can you give me examples?

Elsa: I can't, umm…  [30 seconds passed]  I just can't think of anything.


What do you like to do with Claire the most?

Elsa: Go to Disneyworld.  And go to Germany and Switzerland and Italy.  And go to the beer garden because we get to play there and it would be really boring playing there without Claire.

 

What did you like to do when you were 6?

Elsa: Ahh, I can't remember.  I just liked the color orange.


Why does Claire love you?

Elsa: Because I am her sister and sometimes I play with her.


What is the most fun you’ve ever had with Claire?

Elsa: Going to Disneyworld and Germany and Switzerland and Italy.  Even though those are my favorite places, too, I like going places with her.

Daddy: How about in your regular day-to-day life?

Elsa: Umm, going to…the beer garden.


Describe what Claire looks like.

Elsa: She has blonde hair, blue eyes, and she has glasses.

Daddy: Anything else?

Elsa: And some of her teeth are growing in.


What does Claire like to do?

Elsa: She likes to go to swimming class.

 

What does Claire like to play with you?

Elsa: She likes to play Buddies, and I don't like to play Buddies very much.  And she likes to play outside.

Daddy: What is Buddies?

Elsa: Stuffed animals that are not pretend, well they are pretend but we pretend they are not pretend.  And we are in the game.

Daddy: I don't understand.

Elsa: We pretend the Buddies are not the real stuffed animals except we are talking to them and we are telling them they are stuffed animals.  They talk to us sometimes, and we talk to them.


What is Claire’s favorite thing in the world?

Elsa: Calico kitties.  BelleBelle.  You, Mommy and me.  Probably.

Daddy: In that order?

Elsa: No.  I think she likes all of us better than Calico kitties.

 

What makes Claire happy?

Elsa: If we are going to another trip to Europe or she is having a birthday party.  Or if I hugged her, or if I wanted to play.

 

What is Claire’s favorite food?

Elsa: Cheese.  Cheese and desserts.  And macaroni and cheese, well, not macaroni and cheese.


How are you and Claire different?

Elsa: She has glasses and she has a different name.  And she plays a lot and she…and she has a different room and it is painted a different color.  And she likes dancing more than me and is more gooder at dancing than me.

 

How are you and Claire the same?

Elsa: We both have blue eyes and we both have blonde hair and we…we both like peanut butter.  And chocolate -- we both like chocolate.  And raspberries and strawberries.  And blueberries.  And brats.


What is Claire not very good at?

Elsa: Ahh…reading.  She's OK at that.

Daddy: You know, you couldn't read in kindergarten all that well.

Elsa: Just the same as her.

 

How do you know that Claire loves you?

Elsa: Because she keeps wanting to play with me.  And she gives me huggies.  And sometimes before bed she gives me kissies.  And she wants to race up and down the stairs with me.


What does Claire say to you a lot?

Elsa: "Can we play, please?"  Umm, that's all.  Oh -- and "Can you please make breakfast."  And "Can you please get my milk?"


What does Claire do to you except not something bad?  [Elsa formulated this question many years ago.]

Elsa: Hahaha.  Umm, she hugs me…and I think that's all.


What do you want to tell Claire on her birthday?

Elsa: Happy birthday even though it already passed.  Happy birthday and I love you.

 

Anything else you would like to say or talk about?

Elsa: Nope.

 

No comments: