Sunday, May 10, 2020

Mother's Day 2020

Happy Mother's Day to Lee!  Here's a Mother's Day 2020 interview.  Glad we got back to doing these.  Click on the "Mother's Day" label to read the old ones.


What is your favorite thing about Mommy?
Claire: You go first.
Elsa: Umm, she’s our mom.  She is, umm….
Claire: You don’t like anything about her.
Elsa: Umm, she’s a good, she’s a good quilter.  Uh….
Me: How about you, Claire?
Claire: Uh, Mommy takes us places, she cares for us all the time when you’re at work and stuff.  And she’s a good mom.
Elsa: Well, I basically meant that when I said she’s a mom.

What do you like to do with Mommy the most?
Claire: Shopping.  Go shopping go shopping go shopping go shopping.
Elsa: Ummm, go in her studio and draw.
Me: Why do you like going in her studio to draw?
Elsa: Well, she’s there and playing music.
Claire: So you just like the music?  I’m kidding.
Elsa: No!

Why does Mommy love you?
Claire: Because we’re her kids.
Elsa: Shh! [Elsa was worried that Mommy -- asleep upstairs with the door closed -- was listening.]
Me: She’s not listening.
Elsa: Because we’re her daughters.

What is the most fun you’ve ever had with Mommy?
Claire: How would I know?  Every time I’m with her, I don’t know?
Me: Every time you’re with her is the most fun?
Claire: Well, I don’t know.
Elsa: When she’s yelling at you?
Claire: Ah yes.  Well, the best thing I like doing with her is, umm, shopping so that means I am happiest when doing that.
Elsa: Driving to globals the first year.

Describe what Mommy looks like.
Claire: Green eyes, purple hair.  [Laughs.]  Umm, orange like Donald Trump.  That’s what she looks like.
Elsa: Green eyes, not orange, blonde hair.
Claire: Dirty blonde hair.  Dirty blonde.
Elsa: Yea.  Kinda short.

What does Mommy like to do?
Claire: Quilt.  Uh, sometimes she draws.
Me: When was the last time she…?
Claire: Well, like, I saw her draw flowers in a notebook in stuff, once in a while.
Elsa: Three years ago.  She likes quilting.  She likes playing tennis, she likes staying for tennis for a long time.
Claire: 12 hours.
Elsa: She likes her Karen friends.
Claire: Hopefully she likes us, and taking care of us.
Elsa: Not taking care of us.
Claire: She doesn’t like taking care of us?
Elsa: No, who would!  Driving you to you to your dance.

What does Mommy like to play with you?
Claire: When we were 4 years old we used to….
Elsa: Shh!
Claire: We used to play ponies.
Me: When we (me and Claire) were 4 years old, or?
Claire: No, when me and Elsa were 4 years old.
Elsa: Before I was even a fetus, I enjoyed playing ponies.
Me: What?
Elsa: Never mind.
Elsa: Yeah, ponies.
Claire: Carcassone.
Elsa: Yeah.  Not Ticket to Ride

What is Mommy’s favorite thing in the world?
Claire: You and us.
Me: In that order?
Claire: Haha, Swissy, BelleBelle and Willow.
Elsa: Our family.  That includes everyone in our family.

What makes Mommy happy?
Claire: Well, when we don’t break the rules. When…. [Very long pause.]  Not many things make Mommy happy.
Elsa: Kinda the same things, like the answers to what she likes doing.  Tennis, quilting.
Claire: Umm. She likes…. [Another long pause…]

What is Mommy’s favorite food?
Claire: She doesn’t have a favorite food.
Elsa: Yeah, whenever we ask her that she says “I can’t choose”. 
Claire: Same with favorite color. 
Elsa: LaCroix.
Claire: LaCroix, yes.  No, wait, that’s a drink though.

How are you and Mommy different?
Elsa: Umm, she likes to talk more, and I don’t.  Ah, she has green eyes and I have blue eyes.  Umm, I know there are more but I can’t think of them right now….
Claire: Umm, well, I have blue eyes, she has green eyes.  She has medium-ish hair and I have long hair.  Umm…I can’t think of anything else.  We’re [Claire and Daddy] very different.  Me and Mommy are similar. 

How are you and Mommy the same?
Elsa: We both play tennis.  We both think about things deeply – unlike Claire, I guess. 
Claire: Hahahahaha!
Elsa: We both like relaxing on vacations. 
Claire: I do too.  Daddy’s the only one who doesn’t like that.
Elsa: Yeah, unlike someone.
Claire: Me and Mommy are both social.  We like to talk a lot.  Ummm, we both play tennis.
Elsa: Oh, one more thing.  We’re both creative.  Like she does quilting and I do drawing.
Claire: I don’t know if I’m that creative.
Elsa: You’re creative.  You choreograph dances.
Claire: True, but that’s different.

What is Mommy not very good at?
Claire: Dancing, hahahahhaha.  That was an easy question.
Elsa: Carcassonne, duh.
Claire: Ummm, Mommy is good at everything.  Except for dancing.  And Carcassonne.

How do you know that Mommy loves you?
Claire: Because we’re her kids and she gives us kissies and huggies and she cuddles.
Elsa: Not really.
Claire: Well to me she does.  Cuz you don’t like cuddling. 
Elsa: We’re her children.
Claire: Yeah.  And she’s nice to us.

What does Mommy say to you a lot?
Claire: “I love you.“
Elsa: “Do the dishes!”
Claire: Well, like, reminds me of rules and stuff.  And, like, tells me to do stuff.  A lot of times in dance competitions, she says “You’ll do great” and stuff like that.
Elsa: Umm, yeah, like – telling me stuff like “You left your sweater on the laundry machine.”  And “I love you.”

What does Mommy do to you except not something bad?  [Elsa formulated this question many, many years ago.]
Elsa: Hahahahaha.
Claire: Umm, make us do our school.
Elsa: Make us to do our orchestra zoom stuff.
Claire: Zooms.
Elsa: A lot of optional zooms that are annoying.
Claire: She makes you do the dishes.
Elsa: Well, I need to do the dishes.  It’s annoying, but.
Claire: That’s all I can think of.

What do you want to tell Mommy on this Mother’s Day?
Claire: Happy Mother’s Day.  We love you.
Elsa: You’re the best mom in the world.
Claire: Except for that mom in China.

No comments: