Monday, September 02, 2013

Elsa's 7th Birthday Party

Elsa had birthday party with her friends this year (the rule in our house is they get friend parties only every other year), at Glaze in Thiensville. Glaze is a paint-your-own-pottery place, but they also have a tie-dying party option that I thought sounded fun. And of course that appealed to my artsy-craftsy girl. : )


I think we had about 12 kids there (Karina and Tommy were supposed to attend but ended up being sick that day).


The kids could dye either a t-shirt or a pillowcase. The Glaze staff members were really great about showing the kids how to do it and helping them get it all colored up.



Alex and Sophia L.

 Marina.

Alex R., Elsa's friend from preschool and art class. He was the only boy (besides Tommy) who was invited. : ) He was a good sport about it though! (I warned his mom ahead of time, and he said he still wanted to come!)


Mischi.

 Claire Bear. : )

I was amazed at how great the tie-dying turned out! Here's Claire's shirt.

 Marina's.

Elsa's shirt.

And then, of course, we wrapped it up with cake.

 Happy birthday, sweet 7-year-old girl!

No comments: