Sunday, April 15, 2012

An Easy Easter

We had a nice, low-key Easter, something Bob and I appreciated, since we had gotten back from Arizona just two weeks before.

Our Easter got off to an exciting start while preparing to color the Easter eggs. Elsa accidentally dropped the purple dye tablet into a glass where the yellow dye tablet had already been fizzing away for several minutes. I reached right into the glass and tried to grab that tablet out before it dissolved much, but darned if those things don't get super slippery once they're in there! I wasn't any more successful fishing it out with a spoon. After a few seconds of trying, when it became clear that the purple had already dissolved to the point where the dye was no longer exactly yellow, I told Elsa we'd just have to have an exciting new color of our own invention.

Well, apparently purple plus yellow equals drab olive green when it comes to Easter egg dying. New, yes—exciting and Easter-ish, not so much. : ) Although, one of the eggs somehow ended up being sort of reddish-pinkish-purple on one side, transitioning to more of a yellow-green on the other side. How that happened, I do not understand, but it made for an interesting experiment.

Fortunately nothing could put a damper on the Easter egg hunt the next morning.

We had another rousing early-morning playroom hunt, and as is traditional, the Easter Bunny hid one of the eggs in the giant stuffed bulldog's mouth.

The Easter Bunny was very good to the girls. She brought Horton books for each of them. They've been wanting "Horton Hears a Who" and "Horton Hatches the Egg" ever since we saw Seussical last fall, so Elsa specifically asked the Easter Bunny for these books. In the previous post, if you look closely at the "I have some questeons Easter Bunny" picture that Elsa drew, you'll see the Horton books in the Easter basket, with elephants on the covers. So it's a good thing the Easter Bunny complied! They also got the Muppets DVD, and it's well on its way to becoming their newest obsession/fascination. Elsa has already drawn most of the cast, which is a sure sign.

And of course, lots and lots of chocolate.

Happy Easter!

No comments: