Monday, April 16, 2012

Claire Is Three!

Well, okay, not for another week. But we celebrated it this weekend anyway!

She was so excited about being the birthday girl. I have a feeling Claire will never be one to shun the spotlight. Several times over the course of the evening, I heard her say to people, "It's MY birthday!" It was her day and she wanted everybody to be aware of it. Even though that kind of diva behavior makes me a little crazy, I do love her feistiness. It will get her places in life, and it's just so ... her. : ) I know I'll have to reign it in at times, but perhaps for the first time in her young life, I can honestly say that I wouldn't want to change her!

Karina and Tommy were the only kids in attendance, but the four of them played together non-stop and I think they all had enough fun for a whole army of kids.

And a lot of that playing was outside, which is wonderful for this time of year!

In fact, we've had two birthday parties for Claire in the three years she's been around, and on both occasions, it was warm enough to eat outside on the patio. That's got to be some kind of record around here for an April baby. We'll see if it holds in future years!

We had a slow-cooker feast. Mac and cheese, mashed potatoes, and honey glazed carrots were all made in various slow cookers (we borrowed one from Mary). We also had delicious meatloaf.

And let's not forget the cake! Later, when asked what was her favorite part of the birthday party, Claire answered, "Eating cake." You liked that even more than the presents? we asked. Yes, she did.

Hyped up on cake.

But the presents were surely a close second to the cake.

She got some fun, girly dancewear from Karina and Tommy! I was surprised she didn't insist on sleeping in this tutu that night.

Plus she got a giant Dora coloring book, some My Little Ponies (which Elsa and Claire both played with for hours the next day), a Barbie, a matching game, and a preschool I Spy game.

Group hug! Awww.

Happy birthday my sweet, spunky monkey! And thank you to everyone for celebrating it with us!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Aww, Happy Birthday sweet Claire. Looks like the party was LOTS of fun. I'm still disappointed that Quentin and I couldn't be there. Oh, and the menu sounds like it must have been delicious....have to love comfort food!!

xo,
Lisa