Thursday, April 28, 2011

Hippity Hoppity

We had such a fun Easter weekend with Carter, Mia, Ellen and Dave!

Dave and Bob went to a Brewers game on Saturday night, but other than that, we never even went anywhere or did anything. The kids just played and played and played some more.

They all got along so amazingly well. I don't think I mediated one single sharing dispute the entire weekend. Carter and Elsa were two peas in a pod, the whole time. Here they are playing video games together in the house.

We did take a break from playing long enough for the kids to color Easter eggs.

They loved it for about 20 minutes. After that, as expected, they wanted to take a break from coloring the eggs.

Here are some results of their hard work.

It was relatively warm, so we also went outside to play with the bubble machine that Claire got for her birthday.

Bubble heads.

They were all pretty exhausted by the end of the day on Saturday.

Of course, Sunday morning was all about the Easter egg hunt, baskets, and candy.

Both the Wisconsin and Michigan Easter bunnies visited us again this year.

The kids were pretty happy with their haul.

Claire even cuddled with one of the eggs she found.

The Shaffers left shortly after breakfast. There was much sadness about that all around. Claire did the same thing as when we came home from Michigan the last time—she wandered around the house saying, "Mia, Mia," over and over, as if Mia was going to pop out of a closet or something. I just love that these kids are such good friends. I sure wish we could see each other more often!

After Carter and Mia took off for Michigan, we capped off our Easter with a trip to Opa and Grandma's.

We had another Easter egg hunt and there was yet more intensive playing with their cousins. Elsa told everybody, "I got to play with all four of my cousins this weekend!" She was over the moon about that.

Claire wasn't terribly interested in the egg hunt, but liked the jelly beans that were inside the eggs.

I'll leave you with this picture of the girls' candy haul this year. This is only the candy. I swear there's more here than they got on Halloween! It's insane! Guess who will have to help them eat it all? Happy Easter! (A few days later.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The pictures of the kids are darling. I especially liked the one of Carter and Elsa inside the playhouse and also the one where Mia is hugging Claire. All of the pictures are so cute. Good to see them playing outside.
Love, Grandma B.

Anonymous said...

I love looking at all those pictures, we loved being at your house! The kids miss you guys so much!

Thanks for a wonderful weekend!
Love, Ellen