Tuesday, April 26, 2011

"I'm Two!"

Claire turned 2 years old on Friday, and we had a nice, intimate little celebration. : )

Carter, Mia, Ellen, and Dave came to Wisconsin for the weekend and brought the party with them. The kids were SO excited to see each other!

We started with dinner and birthday cake. Claire chose this Easter-themed chicky cake from the Metro Market bakery. Elsa tried to convince her to choose the bunny, but I guess Claire wanted to go her own way.

Everybody thought it was very cute. Mia could barely keep her hands off it.

Claire liked it too—until she discovered that there was no chocolate involved. Then she wouldn't touch it. Oh well.

And here's her little chick, beheaded.

Presents were next. Carter and Mia brought Claire this adorable, appropriately earthy-themed tote, plus a fun bubble machine.

Both Claire and Mia got these cute little sock monkeys from Bob and me.

We obviously hadn't seen Mia since she had her birthday about a month ago, so that's why we had presents for her as well. In addition to the sock monkey, we also got Mia the classic telephone toy that was recently in Toy Story 3, because I'm pretty sure Ellen and I had that toy when we were kids.

Grandpa and Grandma J. sent Claire's birthday present along with Dave and Ellen. It was this blue puppy named "Wahoo." He was a big hit with all four kids, and Claire continues to love him!

Here's Mia taking her turn on Wahoo.

I can't believe my little spitfire is already 2 years old! Thank you to the Shaffers for being here to celebrate it with her. And stay tuned, because I've got more posts coming in the next few days—an Easter post and a "Claire at 2" snapshot post.

No comments: