Wow, another Christmas come and gone! I can hardly believe it. Once again, for me, it felt like a whirlwind of shopping, organizing, to-do lists, wrapping, and making things. But we had a lot of fun too!Shopping for the girls was interesting this year, since, as most of you know, they have EVERYTHING—every toy, every clothing item, every age-appropriate personal possession ever made. So Bob and I made a vow that we, at least, weren't going to buy them many gifts. But somehow "not many gifts" turned into the usual pile of presents anyway.
I'm blaming all the Santa shananigans. In her letter to Santa, Elsa asked for a rocket ship, a race car, "a little store," and a stuffed kitty. I was all set to just ignore those requests, since they were either repetitive of things she already owns, or they aren't even real toys that actually exist. But Bob made the point that Santa can't really be 0-for-4. That led to a last-minute scramble to come up with a toy cash register and something resembling a rocket ship. I have to say, I'm getting tired of trying to uphold the Santa ruse. Every year the cover-up gets more elaborate and more difficult to maintain.At any rate, there was lots of good stuff under the tree, regardless of who brought it and how it got there. : )
From Santa, Claire got this Little People cars-and-ramps thingy. We decided this would qualify as the "race car" Elsa asked for. I guess Santa expects some sharing to happen in 2011.The other big hit of this year was Elsa's Tag reading system. It's a pen that you can use with special Tag books. You press the pen onto a word in the book, and the pen reads the word. You can also play games, make pictures "talk," etc. Elsa loves her Tag—she sits and "reads" her Toy Story Tag book over and over for hours at a time. We also got Claire the Tag Junior, although that definitely hasn't gone over as well as Elsa's bigger-kid version.
Other gifts this year included Toy Story 2 and 3 on DVD (for both the girls), Color Wonder paints for both the girls, a big tub of Legos for Elsa, and some new bouncy balls for Claire. Grandma B. got Claire her own baby doll, which means Claire no longer has to
And the girls each got another World Wild Fund animal—Elsa got a river otter and since Claire has been obsessed with birds recently, she got a barn owl.
And, oh yeah, I got a present, too! I got this adorable charm necklace with the girls' initials. At one point during the present opening, Bob suggested to Elsa that she find my present for me. Elsa said, "You mean her diamond?" Well, it's not exactly a diamond, but I wouldn't trade this gift for all the diamonds in the world. : )
And of course, there was quite the haul of presents there as well! Elsa got three Barbies—one with a horse that really walks, one that came with a dog and four puppies, and a mermaid Barbie with color-changing hair. She also got more Tag books and Hungry Hungry Hippos. Claire got another baby doll, some big stacking blocks (which should be a hit, since she loves her stacking cups so much), a Mr. Potato Head, and more.
Happy holidays everybody! May 2011 bring you all the green-frosted cookies you can eat. : )
2 comments:
I love the videos! Looks like you guys had a wonderful Christmas. We cannot wait to see you in a few days to celebrate another round!
Ellen
We loved seeing the girls opening their presents and all the fun that was going on. What a great Christmas.
Love, Grandma B.
Post a Comment