
Elsa had her first dance class on Wednesday, September 9. I debated about whether to sign her up for one—she's so uncoordinated I was afraid she'd be the laughing stock of the class, even in a group of 3-year-olds! But of course, this is exactly what she needs to help develop those motor skills. So I signed her up for the Dance Basics class at North Shore Dance Academy in Mequon.

That class was total cuteness overload! Ten little girls all dressed exactly alike in black leotards and pink tights (as per the rules at the school), bouncing around a dance studio. It was absolutely adorable. And fortunately, it doesn't seem that Elsa's lack of coordination will really be a disadvantage at this age—they all seem equally clumsy at this point!

It's a 45-minute class every Wednesday afternoon through the beginning of June. There will be a recital at the end of the year, and I'm sure that will be cuteness overload times a thousand. Right now, they are only learning ballet. They start tap dancing after the holidays.
Elsa loved it and can hardly wait to go back next week.
No comments:
Post a Comment