
Well, we haven't enjoyed the thrills of the 2008 season. But at least that means we've had plenty of tickets to spare, and so the girls have been able to go to a few games before Prince and the rest of the crew limp into the off-season, putting all of us (especially Bob) out of our baseball misery.

We took Claire to her first game last weekend, and her second game on Labor Day. She was wonderful at both games ... but as usual, she had some big (yet baby-sized) shoes to fill. Bob and I were recalling how we'd take Elsa to Marquette games when she was Claire's age, and she would sit on our laps and be perfectly silent—yet awake—through
entire basketball games. In fact, that was often how Elsa reacted before she learned to talk, when we took her to some unusual new environment—she always got very quiet. I used to think she was going to be shy, but that's clearly not the case. So I guess she must have just been taking it all in, studying everything, and learning, learning, learning. That's my girl.

So, while Claire behaved beautifully by most people's standards, she was not the zen baby that Elsa used to be at sporting events. Claire seemed to enjoy looking at everything around her, but she had to be shifted around, faced in different directions, jiggled and generally entertained throughout the game. So, yeah, she acted like a normal 4-month-old, I guess. : ) But it worked out fine, and she took short naps on our laps at both games. But once again, it seems clear that Claire is less inclined to sit still than Elsa was at her age. It's making me a little nervous for the terrible twos!

And I think we can all agree that Claire must have been the cutest baby at the ballpark. The drunk girls behind us yesterday sure thought so, anyway!
No comments:
Post a Comment