• A few weeks ago, a bird pooped on our sliders. Elsa noticed it while she was eating lunch one day (her high chair is near the sliders) and thought it was snow. I explained to her that it wasn't snow; a bird pooped there. And she was fascinated by that. She talked about the "poopy window" at every breakfast, lunch, and dinner for days. Finally I cleaned it off, but she continued to ask about the poopy window with alarming frequency (I explained that it was now a "clean window," but somehow that didn't catch on like "poopy window" did). She even started randomly mentioning it when we were elsewhere, including when we were out in public. You just never know what weird thing is going to catch their attention, I guess. : )
• Continuing on the poop theme: As some of you know, Elsa is extremely regular and always poops right after her nap, practically every day. She also shares her crib with several stuffed animals, including a teddy bear. When I go into her room to get her up from her nap, I usually ask her if she pooped (a rhetorical question, of course, since the smell always tells me everything I need to know, but I'm trying to get her to used to telling me). The last several days, when I've asked her that, she's said to me, "Bear pooped." I replied, "Nice try, but I don't think you can blame that smell on the poor bear, miss!" It cracks me up that of all the stuffed animals in her crib, it's always the bear that gets the blame. Not the cow, not the giraffe—the bear. He must look to Elsa like the most believable suspect.
• Lately, whenever something makes Elsa laugh, she often says "Funny! Funny!" as she's laughing. And the way she says it is absolutely hilarious, because she kind of says it with a sigh, like adults sometimes do ... "Fun-ny ...." She is that, no doubt about it.
1 comment:
Elsa cracks us up also, how funny!
I think she redefines the old saying about "does a bear poop in the woods" to "does a bear poop in the crib"
Hugs to Elsa and Belle
Grandpa and Grandma J
Post a Comment