
Our final Christmas celebration was at Opa's and Grandma's for Christmas dinner. Elsa wore an adorable retro-style dress that I bought for her about 6 months ago and was hoping she would grow into in time for the holidays. There were a lot of people there, and as usual, Elsa was a bit reserved at first. But later she warmed up to everybody and came alive. She spent most of her time walking from person to person in the family room, saying hi, and she even wanted to sit on Mr. Van Beck's lap (this is Bob's Aunt Mary's father).

After dinner there were even more presents for Elsa to open. Elsa got a bucket of giant legos, a play shopping cart, a book, two wind-up toy cars, and a stroller for her baby doll from Opa and Grandma. From Beth she got an adorable outfit, two books, and a little stuffed doggy. From Tom, Tanya, and Karina, she got several very cool bath toys, including a watering can and a floating tray-type thing with animals that can stand on it, plus a giant coloring book and crayons, and a corn popper.

One of our presents to Karina was this fairy dress, complete with wings. I thought she was probably getting to the age where she would want to play dress-up ... and I apologized in advance to Tanya if she insists on wearing it outside the house! : ) Karina did seem to like it:

Another big thank-you to everybody for all of Elsa's wonderful gifts, which she has already been enjoying very much. And now I think I'm all caught up on my Christmas blogging—happy New Year!
No comments:
Post a Comment