Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Bookworm

Elsa's favorite thing in the whole wide world lately? Books, no question about it. This is one area where she obviously doesn't take after her Daddy—the girl loooooooooves books. I think she'd be happiest if I just read to her constantly, all day, every day, only taking breaks so she could eat some ham and/or chicken. : )
"This!"

Her favorite tactic to get me to read to her is to grab a book and scoot up to me on her butt, holding the book out in front of her, saying "This! This!" (see photo). If I don't start reading, she repeatedly shoves the book into my face or lap until I do. The closest I've ever seen her come to having a temper tantrum is when I won't read a book to her. She's the book nazi, basically.

Her current favorites (each of which I read to her at least three times a day) are Tails, Hippos Go Berserk, Moo Baa La La La, and The Sheep Says Baa (she loves to contribute by mooing, baaing, etc.). But I think even she is getting a little bored with those recently, so I've already ordered 10 new books for her from Amazon for Christmas, and still might get her some more! Gotta encourage it, I suppose. And besides, I know I need a little variety far more than she does! : )

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

TOO CUTE!!!! :-)

I had to go with "Anonymous"...I can't remember my passwork!!

Lisa

Anonymous said...

Loving books--she certainly gets that love from her mother. I remember your indignant anger when you found out they would not be teaching you to read at your little two-afternoons-a-week preschool.

Love, Grandma B.