Monday, August 27, 2007
Birthday at Home
August 22, Elsa's actual first birthday, was a quiet day at home with just Mommy and Daddy. Daddy picked up a cake on his way home from work, and Elsa opened her presents from the two of us after he got home. We gave her a bubble blower, an adorably tiny Columbia fleece, pink Robeez with lions on the toes, her first pack of crayons, an Elmo puzzle book, and a Dora the Explorer sit-and-spin (because she already loves to spin around on her butt on the wood floors, so I thought she'd enjoy it).
In addition, Daddy got Elsa a very special present that was just from him—her very own Tivo remote, sans batteries. Here she is opening it:
We're trying very hard to treat Elsa's Tivo remote with as much respect as ours, because if she realizes hers isn't the "real" remote, I guarantee she'll lose interest in it quickly. Unfortunately, I think she's already onto the fact that her remote doesn't actually do anything. : )
After presents, it was cake time again! This time, Elsa knew exactly what to do with it and lost no time diving in.

1 comment:
I love the TiVo remote! We tried something similar with Carter but he caught on very quickly too. He hates the non-working remote. He does however like one of our old cell phones, so if she likes your cell phone you could try that!
Hope you had a wonderful birthday Elsa!!!
Love,
Aunt Ellen
Post a Comment