
Bob and I are totally amazed at how Elsa seems to become even happier and sweeter with every passing day! Laughter is her thing lately. When she really gets going, she'll laugh nonstop—at anything, everything, or nothing at all. She thought her Grandma Baldwin was
absolutely hilarious during Grandma's recent visit. And this while she's popping new teeth left and right and should be a total crab! (She now has six teeth, and I expect numbers 7 and 8 any day.) Just looking at Elsa's smiling face makes me the happiest mom around. She is truly a delight. One of my greatest hopes for her is that she'll be this naturally happy throughout her entire life.

On the talking front, Elsa's favorite word right now is "no," and she particularly likes saying it to Belle. In fact, the other day she dropped food from her high chair onto the floor for Belle, but totally confused the poor dog by saying "no," "no," the whole time. (Not that it stopped Belle from scarfing down all the scraps.) And Elsa's babbling in general has now officially reached the level of "incessant." Although I only rarely can understand
what she's saying, there's no question that she has
a lot of it to say! She talks nonstop—to Bob and me, to Belle, to her toys, to the TV, to the wall ... you get the idea. She often sounds like she's speaking her own little language—she actually seems to have conversational inflections and rhythm down, if not the words themselves. This and her affinity for phones convinces me that we're going to have quite the Chatty Cathy on our hands.

Elsa is also getting a little better about standing. For a while, she absolutely screamed her head off every time I tried to get her to stand. She seemed capable of it, she just hated it. But I recently bought her this Leap Frog Learning Playground, which is at a height that encourages babies to stand, and that seems to have done the trick. She still looks incredibly tense while standing—she locks up her knees, curls her little toes under, and seems to grunt with concentration—but at least she's no longer screaming! Progress!
2 comments:
I'm glad she's enjoying standing more, she looks so cute at the activity center!
Can't wait to see you guys soon!
Ellen
Ava Grace really enjoys the word no, also. It was really cute until she started mimicking me every time I said it to her...even that was cute the first 100 times! Hope everything is going well!
Reagan
Post a Comment