Thursday, August 03, 2006

Update

For those of you I haven't talked to, I had my 36-week check-up on Tuesday, and the update is ... nothing's happening! I'm not dilated or anything. Bummer. (And I am so jealous of Ellen's 1 cm!) However, the baby is in the correct position for labor. And the VERY good news is that I am no longer measuring large! After two appointments in a row where I was measuring "a little over," at this appointment I was right on target. My doctor said, "You should have a nice, average-size baby." Hallelujah!

Of course, at the last ultrasound, it was her BIG GIANT HEAD that was the main cause for concern, and obviously the doctor can't tell anything about the size of her head just from measuring. But, it seems clear that her growth rate has slowed way down from the first ultrasound, when they told me her ENTIRE BODY was in the 98th percentile for size. So I'm hoping it's just taking her head longer to catch up with her body, or her body longer to catch up with her head, or whatever. She could have a normal-size noggin after all.

That's the update—for the most part, I'm still feeling fine, although sleeping comfortably is definitely a thing of the past. And I've officially graduated from normal Pepcid AC to Extra Strength for the heartburn. If my stomach gets any closer to my throat, I may have to just stop eating until delivery.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lee,
Don't get too jealous about Ellen's 1 cm. At 34 weeks, I was not dilated at all, but the head was very low and less than 2 weeks later, I gave birth. There is hope yet! Good Luck!
Reagan

Anonymous said...

The report from your doctor's appointment all sounds positive. I'm hoping Reagan is right that you will be going soon to the hospital. I remember how exciting that was. Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

The race is on! Just kidding...kind of. :) I guess we'll see this week with our appointments, I'm hoping I made some progress to at least "2" but more than likely I'll still be at "1" and you'll be at "3"!

Ellen