Sunday, November 17, 2013

Snow White's Adventure

As everyone knows, Elsa would happily draw 24 hours a day if we let her.  (Claire, by the way, is also a fine artist too.)  So I thought we'd share some of her artwork.  No truth to the rumor that we are using Elsa as a child laborer to generate content on the blog.

Because Elsa and I could not locate "Cheetah's Run The Fastest," first up is a book called "Snow White's Adventure."  We think Elsa wrote this when she was five -- Elsa drew the pictures and dictated the text to Lee.  You will see that Elsa and I also made some notes highlighting a few details that might otherwise be overlooked.  So click here to read the book.

I also finagled an interview with the author, while her entourage was busy.  (Mommy was at a quilting event, Claire was asleep and Belle was quietly observing.)  Spoiler alert -- read the book first!

What is the story about?  
Elsa: Snow White, a horsey.

What do you like about the story?
Elsa: I like that Snow White turns into a unicorn.

What would you change about the story?
Elsa: Lots of things.  I would change Jenny saying “La La” in the snow.

How did you come up with the idea for the story?  
Elsa: Well, I did it a long time ago.  Probably because I like unicorns.  [Lee believes they were reading My Secret Unicorn books at the time.]

Was there a lesson you were trying to say in the story?  
Elsa: No.  I never think about that for some reason.

1 comment:

Emalee said...

I remember reading Snow White's Adventure with Elsa a couple years ago. I loved re-reading it because I saw much more in it the second time (they say that's always true of great novels). Your "readers' guide" analysis was a wonderful addition. I thought I was back in a literature class.