Today little Claireykins turned four years old. In anticipation, Elsa and Claire made the crown in the picture above. They made it, complete with fitted headband, before we woke up on Saturday.
For her birthday, Claire got to choose where we would go for dinner. She decided on Potbelly's. To change her mind, we mentioned every sit-down restaurant in a 30-mile radius (other than IHOP, where we had gone Saturday). We are generally OK with Potbelly's, and we have good memories of it from Chicago -- but it generally isn't considered the kind of place for which you would make a special trip. But Claire was adamant about Potbelly's. So be it.
After dinner we came home for cake. Claire passed some gas while eating the cake. She then said--and I quote--"I'm a birthday fart girl!"
For her birthday, Claire got to choose where we would go for dinner. She decided on Potbelly's. To change her mind, we mentioned every sit-down restaurant in a 30-mile radius (other than IHOP, where we had gone Saturday). We are generally OK with Potbelly's, and we have good memories of it from Chicago -- but it generally isn't considered the kind of place for which you would make a special trip. But Claire was adamant about Potbelly's. So be it.
After dinner we came home for cake. Claire passed some gas while eating the cake. She then said--and I quote--"I'm a birthday fart girl!"
In any event, I decided to ask Elsa some questions about Claire. These questions are lifted from the Mother's Day questionnaire that I gave the girls last year. From the answers, it is clear that Elsa loves Claire. And why shouldn't she? Claire is a cutie and a sweetie and a good cuddle-friend. Happy birthday, Claire -- we love you!
What is your favorite thing about Claire?
Elsa: That she is my sister and I love her.
What do you like to do with Claire the most?
Elsa: I like to go fun places with her.
Why does Claire love you?
Elsa: Because I’m her sister.
What is the most fun you’ve ever had with Claire?
Elsa: Going to Jumping Country with her. Wait, actually – going to Disney World.
Describe what Claire looks like.
Elsa: She has pretty blue eyes and she has pretty blond hair. And she likes purple.
What does Claire like to do?
Elsa: She likes to play – not draw.
What does Claire like to play with you?
Elsa: Umm, ummm, hmmm. [Elsa was reading this as I typed.] Hahaha. Stop. Stop! What are you doing Daddy? Hahahaha. Daddy, erase all that. Why are you doing that? Heeheeheehee. Stop!!!
What is Claire’s favorite thing in the world?
Elsa: Her family.
What makes Claire happy?
Elsa: Us going to Jumping Country, with her friends.
How old is Claire?
Elsa: Four.
What is Claire’s favorite food?
Elsa: Pizza. I don’t really know.
How are you and Claire different?
Elsa: We don’t wear the same clothes.
How are you and Claire the same?
Elsa: That we both have blue eyes and blonde hair.
What is Claire not very good at?
Elsa: Riding her Tinkerbell bike because she sometimes falls off.
How do you know that Claire loves you?
Elsa: Because I am her sister.
What does Claire say to you a lot?
Elsa: I love you.
What does Claire do to you except not something bad? [Elsa herself had formulated this question last Mother’s Day.]
Elsa: I remember that one. I just can’t really think of anything.
In the morning, what do you want to tell Claire when she wakes up?
Elsa: Let’s draw.
Is there any other question I should ask you about Claire?
Elsa: Nothing.

5 comments:
What a fun age for a special little Birthday girl and loving sister! They are so grown up and fun to talk on the phone, can't wait to visit you guys.
XO's Grandpa & Grandma J
Love the Claire questions and Elsa's answers. They will be best friends forever. See you in a couple weeks.
Love, Grandma B.
Love the Claire questions and Elsa's answers. They will be best friends forever. See you in a couple weeks.
Love, Grandma B.
Love it!!
Lisa
Love the Q and A's, so adorable. They are going to love reading that when they are older.
Miss you guys!
Love,
Ellen
Post a Comment