Sunday, May 13, 2012

A Mother’s Day Questionnaire

Today is Mother’s Day, and the girls sure have a great Mommy.  While watching the kids this morning, I decided to ask them some questions about their Mommy.  Elsa answered the questions seriously; Claire was a non-sequitur spewing goofball.  Happy Mother's Day!

What is your favorite thing about Mommy?
Elsa: That she cares about me.
Claire: I like Mommy because she’s going to take me to dance class next year.  And she puts my tap shoes on.

What do you like to do with Mommy the most?
Elsa: I like going to the playground.
Claire: I like going to the beach.  [This is profoundly untrue, as Claire hates walking in sand.]

Why does Mommy love you?
Elsa: Because she’s our Mommy.
Claire: Because she’s our Mommy.

What is the most fun you’ve ever had with Mommy?
Elsa: Going for walks.
Claire: Going to Karina’s party.

Describe what Mommy looks like.
Elsa: She has dark blonde hair.  She usually wears a pink shirt.
Claire: She has a sparkley smiley face.  And dark blue skin.  [Laughter]

What does Mommy like to do?
Elsa: Sewing.
Claire: She holds onto the handlebars and catches me.

What does Mommy like to play with you?
Elsa: Board games.
Claire: Bubblegumpies.  [Laughter.]  Bubbles.

What is Mommy’s favorite thing in the world?
Elsa: Us.
Claire: Climbing up branches.  [Laughter.]

What makes Mommy happy?
Elsa: I can’t think of anything.
Claire: When I stop crying.

How old is Mommy?
Elsa: I don’t know how old she is.
Claire: I don’t know, I don’t know.

What is Mommy’s favorite food?
Claire: Macaroni and cheese.  And spaghetti and meatballs.  And yogurt.
Elsa: Kielbasa and ice cream.
Claire: And also yogurt!

How are you and Mommy different?
Elsa: Because we’re not the same age.
Claire: I don’t know.

How are you and Mommy the same?
Elsa: Because we both have blonde hair.
[I decided to ignore Claire here.]

What is Mommy not very good at?
Elsa: That’s not a good question.
Claire: That’s not a good question.
Elsa: Oh, actually I know what she’s not very good at -- playing “pretend” games.  [Neither Lee nor I especially enjoy pretending we are ponies, etc., so we often opt out of such games.]
Claire: And whining.

How do you know that Mommy loves you?
Elsa: Because she gives me lots of hugs and kisses.
Claire: She gives kisses and hugs and loves me.

What does Mommy say to you a lot?
Claire: I love you.
Elsa: I love you.

What does Mommy do to you except not something bad?  [Elsa formulated this question.]
Elsa: She smiles at me.
Claire: She reads me a book.

What do you want to tell Mommy when she wakes up?
Elsa: Happy Mother’s Day!
Claire: Happy Mother’s Day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love this questionnaire! I especially love their answers to "What makes Mommy Happy?" I am laughing out loud.

Adorable answers.
Ellen