Katie's suggestion: Put a t-shirt on her! Here she is wearing a Calvin Klein t-shirt that I got for free as part of a promotion at Marshall Field's (way back before it was Macy's, which should tell you how old this t-shirt is). Belle is not thrilled with this turn of events—she was pretty freaked out when I first put it on her. She kept going in closets and under tables, as if she could hide from the t-shirt that was on her own back. : )
And as you can see, we had some fit issues that I resolved with my expert tailoring. But it has kept the area protected, which is the important thing. And the girls think it's hilarious. Elsa was like, "A hot pink t-shirt! That's silly!!" I said, "Would any other color have been less silly?" She said, "I think a light pink t-shirt would have been perfect." Duly noted for next time.And of course, I'm sure this post will remind Ellen and Dad of the time Ellen and I put a wool sweater on Carly because we thought she was cold(!), leading us to discover that the poor dog was allergic to wool. Good times. : )
5 comments:
Not a happy face on Belle, but she does wear hot pink well. I remember the wool thing with Carly well, just a good thing she wasn't a sheep herding Poodle!
Dad
Belle looks pretty darn cute in that t-shirt. I love Elsa's comment on the color. Oh, yes, Carly wore several articles of clothing (remember the culottes) but the most impressive outfit she had was the wool sweater. Why did we let you do that???
Love, Mom
Belle looks completely devastated to be wearing that t-shirt, but it is adorable.
Oh Carly, poor thing. That dog went through a lot with us. When you talked about Belle bleeding all over the place I thought of Carly and the ear trim fiasco. That was a lot of blood as well! No wonder she love Mina's house better!
Ellen
I was there for the "clipped ear" episode and I remember how we were trying to keep Carly from running all thru' the house and up and down the stairway. Fun memories!
GiGi
Aww, Poor Belle! She looks adorable, though!!
Lisa
Post a Comment