Okay, so I'm finally getting around to my Christmas blog posts! I know, sorry! Claire is no longer napping these days, which has put some additional demands on my free time.Anyway, we spent most of the week before Christmas in Michigan. We had a great time hanging out with Ellen and Dave, Carter and Mia, Grandpa and Grandma J., and Grandma B., who was in from Florida for a few weeks.
The kids had so much fun. They played Wii, set up elaborate pretending games, colored and drew, dropped things off the top of the stairs, woke each other up at 5 a.m., etc. etc. Here are Carter and Elsa decorating some gingerbread cupcakes from a kit. I thought they'd be gross, but they actually weren't bad! Until the kids added 15 pounds of sprinkles, of course. : )
Mmmm, yummy.
We decided we might as well just get the presents out of the way on the first full day we were there. They had a blast opening their gifts. Here's Claire with her Cabbage Patch Kid, which was a gift from the Shaffers. Her name is Christina, which for some reason makes me think of Christina Aguilera every time I see her.
Elsa's present from the Shaffers was a Lalaloopsy doll. I do not understand the appeal of these things whatsoever, but Elsa was dying for one and was thrilled to get it.
Claire got a Barbie convertible from Grandma B. The Disney princess dolls sure love their hot new wheels!
Carter got Transformers from us, and for Mia we returned the favor and got her a Cabbage Patch Kid. Oh, the '80s nostalgia. : )
Cheryl, Abby and Joe stopped by with some presents for the kids as well. Claire was surprisingly excited when she thought she got a box of Swiss Miss. It turned out that was just a box Abby managed to scrounge up—there was a toy inside, not hot chocolate. : )
Claire and Mia try out their gifts.
Then it was on to Grandpa and Grandma J.'s for another slew of fun gifts. This expandable ball thingy was a hit.
As were these "robot claws." Carter and Elsa walked around clawing at everything in sight, for hours.
Thanks for a fun visit, and for all the wonderful gifts! We love you guys.
3 comments:
Looks like the girls had lots of fun in Michigan!!
BTW, those cupcakes look really tasty, have never heard of a gingerbread flavored cupcake before...intruiging:)
Lisa
We loved having you! I know it was a busy time, but I hope we get to do it again in the future (maybe after Christmas?).
Ellen
So much wild fun for the kids to all be together at Christmas . . . and all the Grandpa and Grandmas loved it the most I think! Fun photos and we most enjoy being together with you guys at the Holidays.
Hugs to all, Grandpa and Grandma Jernstadt
Post a Comment